Ornament on the Hill Gallery
This gallery is devoted to the Museum’s largest artifact—the building itself—an 1855 Greek Revival Court House. Designed by William Ellison, the building features a prominent temple façade supported by four Doric columns. The building remained in continuous use as a court house from May 1855 until December 31, 1974 when Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court vacated the building. The building opened as the Lynchburg Museum in 1977.