Main Court Room Gallery
Welcome to the Main Court Room Gallery featuring a timeline of Lynchburg history! Located on the first floor of the Museum, this gallery is the primary entrance to the Museum. The Visitor Services Desk is located here as well as information about surrounding attractions in Lynchburg including Point of Honor—Dr. George Cabell’s 1815 Federal style house on the James River.
The Main Court Room Gallery’s timeline begins in 1607 with the founding of Jamestown and continues through 2007 highlighting important aspects of Lynchburg’s history along the way. Special items are featured on the “main stage” in this gallery back dropped by reproduction wallpaper of an early artwork of Lynchburg by Edward Beyer.