This month, the Museum will exhibit milk bottles and other memorabilia related to Lynchburg dairies. According to Lynchburg City Directories, the first dairy in Lynchburg opened in 1896. Since then, there have been over 70 dairies operating in the Hill City.
Founded in 1817 by Sampson Diuguid, the company originally started out making hand carved furniture. From his reputation as a fine furniture maker, he began to receive commissions to make caskets.